Today I'm bringing you two zucchini salads I have on a constant rotation. They're so satisfying, and they're really easy to make. You can bring them to work or just whip them up in your kitchen. Either way, your tummy will be happy.
Zucchini Tahini Salad
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized or shredded on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 to 1/2 avocado
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 2 tbs raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 - 2 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Before you go, assemble the veggies in a large container.
- When you're ready for lunch, add lemon juice and tahini and mix vigorously. Enjoy!
- Optional: you can hit this with a crack of sea salt if you'd like, but it's not necessary.
If I have a workout coming up that afternoon, I usually have this salad with a smoothie.
My next salad obsession is like raw pad Thai. It's a little more decadent, but it's full of flavor!
This one I like to make the night before and then top with cashews and some extra hot sauce. I have made a couple variations so far, but they're all tasty.
Raw-ish Pad Thai Salad
- 2 zucchini, spiralized or shredded with the mandoline
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, green or red
- 2 tbs green onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 2 cups lettuce
- Raw cashews for topping
- Toss veggies (not lettuce) with sauce and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place over bed of lettuce.
- Top with cashews and more sriracha!
Of course, variety is the spice of life, so play with it and see what additions you like best. These are jumping off points, and the possibilities are endless!
Do you like raw zucchini noodles? What's your favorite zucchini noodle salad? Leave me a comment!