My favorite type of pasta is angel hair, because it's light and airy. We made some quick pasta the other night, and I am notorious for making far too much. So, we had a bunch of extra pasta in the fridge and I thought I would make some lunch for the week. We also had a bunch of veggies that needed to be eaten, so it was the perfect combination.
Spaghetti Lunch Salad
- 3 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, chopped
- 2 sprigs green onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs lemon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/3 cup drained and chopped black olives
- 1 tbs hemp seeds per serving (optional)
- 4 cups baby spinach, rough chopped
- Chop all veggies.
- Toss everything in a large bowl.
- Top with hemp seeds (optional).
This salad makes a healthy, tasty, and filling lunch or dinner. I brought it to work with a side of fruit, and it made me very happy. You can experiment with different veggies you have in the fridge. Get creative!
Do you like pasta salad? What's your favorite work lunch?