These beautiful tacos are spicy and rich but still light. The bulk of the taco filling comes from cauliflower, and the spicy adobo sauce and cool avocado make this a dance party in your mouth.
Basil says, "Those look great!" I am going to have to keep expanding my list of favorite tacos to include this one.
Adobo Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 small Japanese eggplants
- 3 oz chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 oz vegan sour cream
- 3 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- for tacos: corn tortillas, avocado and cilantro
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Dice eggplant into small rings.
- In a large sauce pan, heat pan on medium high heat.
- Add oil and let heat for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Add cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant and salt and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a blender, add vegan sour cream and chipotle pepper sauce.
- Add almond milk as needed to get the liquid to a pour-able state. I used 1 cup.
- Spoon 1 cup mixture into sauce pan and coat taco ingredients evenly.
- Add more sauce if needed.
- Save extra sauce for topping if desired.
- Cook down on low/medium for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas with avocado and cilantro.
Mmmm... these vegan tacos will knock your socks off.
I am really digging the cauliflower/eggplant mixture. The cauli is firm and meaty, while the eggplant gives you a creamy texture. The sauce binds everything together. I'm definitely going to be making these again!
Make these for your spice loving friends. They will thank you for them.
Come back tomorrow and see what I did with the leftovers!