Vegan Mofo is here! For all of those that don't know, it's the vegan month of food, where bloggers everywhere get online to show off tasty treats. I participated last year, and I'm going to again this year. It snuck up on me a bit this year, so I don't have a theme. I'll be bringing you yummy posts and some run downs of my favorite posts and recipes over the past year. I hope you enjoy!
As you probably already know, taco night is a favorite in our house. When our good friends, Kimmy and David, moved down the street, we thought we would welcome them with a good old fashion taco night. I wanted to keep everything fresh and delicious, so I made a mango salsa to go with it!
- 2 mangos, diced into small cubes
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 (15 oz) can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 jalapeno, sliced thin and de-seeded
- 1 can hot rotelle, undrained
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and diced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped small
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Assemble all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before eating.
To top the tacos, I made a quick radish salsa. The ingredients are super simple!
- 1 cup radish slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, diced thin and de-seeded
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
Slow Cooker Black Bean Poblano Taco Meat
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can rotelle or 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- Drain water and rinse beans.
- Add to a crock pot and add vegetable stock.
- Rough chop the peppers, tomatoes, and onions and add to pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add seasoning and let rest for 1 hour before serving.
No taco night would be complete without cashew cream as well! I made my tacos with 2 corn tortillas, black beans, radish salsa and cashew cream. Kimmy made a great cilantro rice to go with it. Taco night success!