It's vegan mofo! I feel like I am ill prepared, but I've finally got some themes for you! It's been a whirlwind of a month. I've been working around the clock, then I had a big birthday weekend, and now I'm sick. Go figure. It won't stop me from bringing you yummy vegan dishes, though.
So, here are my Vegan Mofo themes from here on out!
Week One: Get Mofo Ready
Week Two: Week Long Blog Birthday Party!
Week Three: Restaurant Reviews
Week Four: Best of Vanishing Veggie
Week Five: Vegan Mofo Favorites!
All during my stressful week, I became obsessed with breakfast salads. I made this super quick recipe, and I got to take it to work every day. It is filled with protein and great fats, and it will keep you full all morning!
Chickpea Corn Salad
- 2 (15 oz) cans organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbs yellow mustard
- 2 spears dill pickles
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 ear of corn, pre-cooked (boiled in this case for 5 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- generous amounts of cracked pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Put them in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add chopped red onion, pickles and green pepper.
- Run a knife down the ear of corn and cut off the kernels. Add to the bowl.
- Add the mayo, mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Leave in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Serve by itself or on a bed of spinach with carrots, avocado, pumpkin seeds, and vegan cheese shreds.
Because it's Wendesday, you can find this on the Vegan Linky Potluck as well!
I'm really excited about vegan mofo! Be sure to stay tuned for all the great posts. Hit the big, green VEGAN MOFO button to be thrown to a random blog post from one of the other, amazing vegan bloggers.