I have been so excited to share this recipe with you. It is as delicious as it looks. Holy crap! Just look at that pizza!
It's time for another recipe for the Vegan *Linky* Potluck. I have been having a blast participating in this, and if you haven't been checking out some of the other amazing recipes, you really should.
Ok, ok... on to the pizza. Well, I have been trying to come up with easy vegan dinners that offer delicious vegetables in addition to satisfying ingredients. This pizza is great because it's filling, and you can pair a slice or two with a huge salad.
Vegan Supreme Pizza
- 1 pre-made vegan pizza crust
- 1 tbs olive oil for brushing the crust
- 1 white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 jalapenos (leave off if you don't want it spicy)
- 1 bag vegan cheese (I used daiya mozzerella)
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or more olive oil)
- 1 cup vegan meat crumbles
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tbs chopped green olives
- Preheat the oven per package instructions.
- Prep the veggies: Chop the chard into large pieces. Chop the onion, jalapenos and bell pepper into small pieces.
- In a large sauce pan, heat on medium high and add coconut oil.
- Add the swiss chard and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add the meat crumbles to the pan and cook per directions, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread out the pizza sauce and add a layer of vegan cheese.
- Add the jalapeno, bell pepper and onion.
- Cover next with the meat crumbles and swiss chard.
- Finally, add the green olives.
- You can put cheese over the top, too, but I left it open.
- Cook per package instructions, about 10-12 minutes.
When I was being too restrictive about my diet, I would have turned my nose up at pre-made pizza crust and soy crumbles. I don't think you should eat these every day, but sometimes, you just want an amazing vegan pizza!! Believe me, this pizza is amazing. You could, of course, make it healthier, but it's pizza. Live a little.
When this pizza came out of the oven, I was so happy. It's incredibly satisfying.
I think this would be a good dish to bring to a party, too. You'd be everyone's favorite vegan!
What's your favorite vegan pizza?