Before I headed off to my friend Amanda's Bachelorette Weekend, I knew I wanted to bring food. Luckily for me, there were a lot of vegan options in Tulsa. I was prepared as ever, though, and I traveled with this amazing salad. I love chickpea salads of any kind, and this is my new favorite.
SRIRACHA CHICKPEA SALAD
- 2 (15 oz) canned chickpeas, drained and rinced
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1-2 tbs sriracha, depending on heat level desired
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mash rinsed chickpeas down so most of them are smashed.
- Add chopped jalapeno, red onion, carrots, green pepper and green onions.
- Mix and fold in vegan mayo.
- Add sriracha a little at a time until you have the desired heat you want.
- Add salt a half tsp at a time, until you have your desired intensity.
This chickpea salad travels well and it's great in pita bread, on a salad or on crackers. The carrots and the sriracha make a really nice color!