Sometimes, I come home and have no idea what to make for dinner. It's those nights that I usually just throw something together using my 5 components of an easy vegan dinner. A lot of times, I don't feel like writing about those dinners, because they are so easy. This one, though, was so delicious, that I thought I would share.
I think my favorite part of the dinner was the taco black beans, which I'll tell you about in a minute. I almost always have spinach, vegan cheese, tortillas and cans of beans in the pantry. So, I think this meal will become an easy staple in our house!
- 3 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp earth balance or olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese - or - vegan cheese slices
- optional: salsa
- Heat a skillet on the range to medium/high heat.
- Saute the spinach until wilted, then add to a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp oil to already hot pan.
- Lay one tortilla down, then add a little vegan cheese, spinach and salsa.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- You can stop here, and just do one layer, but I feel like the double layer makes a heartier dinner.
- Add vegan cheese, spinach and salsa, and add another tortilla.
- Add a little oil to the top of the tortilla, and press down with a spatula.
- After 2 minutes, flip the tortillas and cook another 4 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
As I said, the taco beans go along great. It's so simple, I'm not sure I have to write it out. You can make it your own, too. I used 1 can rinsed black beans, 1 small can of green chilis, and 1 tbs of taco seasoning. Heat in a sauce pan, and you're done. It's great covered in cashew cream and cilantro!
These would be really good inside the quesadilla, too.
Super easy and super yummy!