I have another meal to share for you and the Vegan *Linky* Potluck. Be sure to check out all the great dishes being shared every Wednesday! My Sriracha Salad got featured on the post this week!
Some nights, you need something easy and delicious to make. This dinner is relatively quick and very easy to make, and most of the time involved is waiting on the peppers to cook. When I make pasta, I like to serve it with a great salad, some veggies, and some bread. This dinner had it all!
Roasted Pepper Pasta with Veggie Crumbles
- 1/4 large red onion
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups veggie crumbles
- 1 cup packaged rotini noodles.
- 1 jar organic tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup diced black olives for topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Dice the peppers and onions into large pieces.
- In a large baking dish, toss the onions and peppers in the olive oil and salt.
- Add the 2 cups over the top.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and stir.
- Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- While the dish is baking, cook the noodles and tomato sauce per package instructions.
- To assemble, scoop noodles onto a plate and top with the roasted toppings, then cover in sauce and black olives. Serve with bread and salad!
My go-to dinner salad is usually spinach, walnuts, and carrots. This time, I topped it with a little daiya cheese and black olives. Yum!
Now, let's talk about this garlic bread. Do you like garlic? You will have to for this. It's so yummy, but it would scare off a vampire.
- 1 loaf french bread
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- cracked pepper
- Cut loaf into 1/2 inch pieces and lay out on a baking dish.
- The oven is already at 350 degrees (F) for the pasta dish, so when that's done, just pop these in while everything cools.
- In a bowl, pour in olive oil and use a garlic press to press the cloves into the oil.
- Mix and brush onto the bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until it reaches your desired crispy-ness.
I thought the veggie crumbles were really great. They added a nice texture, and the peppers had a good sweetness when baked in the oven. This made a ton of food, so it was nice to have leftovers for the week. This is definitely a Sunday night kind of dinner.