Taco night, as I'm sure you know, is our favorite dinner. We have them often, and I love to come up with crazy combinations. Since it's really hot outside, I decided to make a mostly raw taco. I say mostly raw, because I used green chilis in the walnut meat. You can certainly omit that, if you're going for a truly raw dish.
The components of this dish are so delicious and easy, and you can have dinner on the table quickly. That's really the key to a good, summer meal.
Walnut Tacos with Mango Salsa
2 cups raw walnuts
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs paprika
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs green chilis
2 mangos, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped small
1 red onion, chopped small
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
large romaine leaves for shells
avocado to top
broccoli straws for crunch!
- Assemble mango salsa in a large bowl and set in the fridge while you make everything else.
- In a food processor, add walnuts and pulse for 10 seconds
- Add cumin, paprika and salt and pulse for another 15 seconds.
- At this point, you would have more of a grainy meat. If that's what you want, do not add chilis. If you want more of a creamy meat, add the green chilis and pulse for 10 seconds. Remove and place in bowl.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Romaine Leaf + Taco Meat + Salsa + Avocado + Broccoli Straw = tasty, filling summer meal
What are you waiting for? Go make some tacos!