As you may have noticed, I have been participating in the Virtual Vegan *Linky* Potluck on Wednesdays for the past few weeks. This week is #5, and I wanted to do breakfast! My Summer Tomato Pasta Salad even got called out as a favorite last week!
This would make a quick breakfast or a yummy dinner. Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner??
Carrot Potato Latkes (Oven Baked)
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs ground chia seeds
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tsp canola oil
- oil for baking sheet
- 30 minutes before hand, grate potatoes and place in a large bowl of ice water. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Lay clean dish towels out and scoop potatoes onto towel and pat dry. Make sure thoroughly dried out.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl.
- Grate carrots and add to bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, garlic, salt and oil. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix ground chia seeds and water. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add chia mixture to large bowl and mix.
- Oil baking sheets. Scoop out latke cakes and place on sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes.
Soaking the potatoes first is the key to getting the potatoes white and crispy.
Now, let's talk scramble! This recipe is super quick and easy.
Noochy Tofu Scramble
- 1 package firm tofu, drained but not pressed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tumeric
- In a medium skillet, heat pan on medium/high heat.
- Add oil.
- Crumble in tofu once oil is hot, then add spices.
- Saute in pan for 15 minutes. Add water if the nooch is not incorporating.
Cover in hot sauce and salsa, enjoy, and don't forget to check out the Vegan *Linky* Potluck!